Sections

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mary J. Blige: Untitled (White Label Vinyl LP) (1997)

This vinyl LP is a white label release from 1997 and contains alternate takes and unreleased songs from Mary's "Share My World" album. Due to it being a bootleg and the songs being possibly unmastered versions, the sound quality isn't very good. It comes in a generic stickered white sleeve and being a white label release, doesn't have any track-listing or text on the vinyl itself, just handwritten letters denoting the A and B side. Some of the tracks are mislabelled; for instance, Share My Love is really Share My World and You Are My Everything is actually Everything. A lot of the tracks sound slightly different from the originals on the album, particularly I Can Love You (which does not feature Lil' Kim) and Love Is All We Need (which features a different rap verse to the released version.) Most appealing of all about this set, is
that it features three tracks which never made the final cut. The D'Angelo-produced Everyday later served as a B-side track to Everything, but the other two - Always Be My Baby and Would You - have never been officially released anywhere. Would You is actually better known by its other title Paradise and was the second track off this compilation produced by D'Angelo. It has been featured on numerous mixtapes, the most notable being J-Love's Miss Mary J Blige Part 2, but here it is without all the annoying DJ shout outs. Always Be My Baby was later circulated on a unofficial 3-CD set from France MJB (L’intégrale) under the title of Where You Are.

Altogether very rare stuff.

A1 Share My Love
A2 Always Be My Baby
A3 Get To Know You Better
A4 I Can Love You
B1 Seven Days
B2 Everyday feat. D'Angelo
B3 Would You feat. D'Angelo
B4 Love Is All We Need feat. Nas
B5 You Are My Everything

Listen: Would You feat. D'Angelo


Listen: Love Is All We Need feat. Nas