Sections

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mary J. Blige: Miss Mary J Blige An Artist Of Her Generation: 8 Unreleased Bombs (Bootleg EU Vinyl Comp) (2000)

Here's another Mary J. bootleg comp on vinyl and the third and final one I could find.  This 12" comprises of remixes and rare tracks from between 1996-1999, including three remixes from the "My Life" album, a feature with Dr Dre from 1999 and two non-album cuts - the D'Angelo-produced "Everyday" (a b-side track from the "Share My World" era) and the festive track "Christmas In The City" with Angie Martinez (as featured on the 1997 A&M compilation "A Very Special Christmas 3.") I don't know if this compilation is related to the other two or not (the other two were found in the US, this one came from Europe) but there are definately a lot of good throwback tracks given a new lease of life here. The other two vinyls can be found HERE and HERE.

A1 Deep Inside (Mobb Deep Remix)
A2 Everyday
A3 The Message feat. Dr Dre & Rell
A4 All Night Long feat. LL Cool J
B1 I Love You feat. Smif-N-Wessun
B2 Love Is All We Need feat. Foxy Brown (Trackmasters Remix)
B3 I Want To Be With U feat. Lauryn Hill
B4 Christmas In The City feat. Angie Martinez

Listen: I Love You feat. Smif-N-Wessun


Listen: I Want To Be With U feat. Lauryn Hill