Sections

Friday, April 10, 2015

Toni Braxton: Un-Break My Heart - Club Remixes (Brazilian Promo CDM) (BMG Brasil, 1996)

Another exclusive brought to you by Persnickety...usually goes for between $80-$150 but I got a really, really great deal on this thanks to a good friend in Brazil... SUPER ULTRA RARE Un-Break My Heart remix promo by Toni Braxton and intended for Brazilian radio play only in 1996. Featuring all the great remixes by Frankie Knuckles, Hex Hector and Soul Solution plus super exclusives by Brazilian DJ Cuca. Tracks 1 and 2 are some good alternative house remixes - very vibrant and Euro-sounding - and tracks 5, 6 and 7 are some funky down-tempo remixes, each incorporating the organ sample from The Mohawks' 1968 funk song The Champ. Classic Braxton at her best and a must have for any fan of her earlier stuff and of 90s popular house music - real house music before it somehow evolved into the discordant electronic trash of nowadays. The label BMG Brasil Ltda. put out quite a few exclusives in the 90s by Braxton, Lisa Stansfield and others. A further Braxton promo of Spanish Guitar featuring mixes by Brazilian DJ Meme can be found here.

Un-Break My Heart (House Of Heart Radio Edit) 4:16
Un-Break My Heart (House Of Heart Extended) 5:24
Un-Break My Heart (Frankie Knuckles Classic Radio Mix) 4:29
Un-Break My Heart (Frankie Knuckles Ranktidrama Club Mix) 8:37
Un-Break My Heart (188 Street Mix) 5:19
Un-Break My Heart (Soft Soul Mix) 4:28
Un-Break My Heart (Breakdown Mix) 5:20
Un-Break My Heart (Soul Hex Anthem Vocal) 9:37
Un-Break My Heart (Soul Hex No Sleep Beats) 3:56
Un-Break My Heart (Album Version) 4:27

*Same as track 5 but with slight differences in the beat