Sections

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Toni Braxton: How Could An Angel Break My Heart (Brazilian Promo CDM) (BMG Brasil, 1998)

Another Brazilian rarity from Braxton, this time featuring exclusive down-tempo remixes of her 1998 single How Could An Angel Break My Heart. The remixes were done by Brazilian DJ, DJ Cuca; an earlier example of his work can be found on the Brazilian CD maxi promo to Un-Break My Heart where he transformed the original ballad  into a funky down-tempo production. Both CDs are hard-to-find but the above one, in my opinion, is probably the rarer of the two. I didn't even know it even existed until a few months back. The main production here incorporates a sample of Spandau Ballet's 1983 song True, which, surprisingly, goes rather nicely over the original vocals. Also included as well is the original remix version with Babyface. 

Thank you again to Flavio for giving me the exclusive opportunity to buy this. 

How Could An Angel Break My Heart (Album Version) 4:22
How Could An Angel Break My Heart (Remix Version Featuring Babyface) 4:22
How Could An Angel Break My Heart (Cuca True Radio Edit) 4:10
How Could An Angel Break My Heart (Cuca True Club Mix) 6:23
How Could An Angel Break My Heart (Album Instrumental) 4:20