Sections

Monday, March 21, 2016

Janine (Ex-Fabu): All Over (EP) (Alkey Records, 2001)

I don't know for absolute certain but I believe this lady got her start in the biz in the short-lived Detroit duo Fabu in the mid 90s. They were signed to Big Beat Records and released one single Just Roll in 1995. Sadly they were pretty much slept on - they never released anything else - but the above lady - who I believe was Janine Williams from the duo - released this EP in the early 2000s. A full-length album was supposed to follow, which unfortunately again never materialized. The production - mainly early 2000s contemporary R&B - is very good but sadly whoever was responsible for mixing it did not do the best job. The audio is very quiet and often times it sounds like Williams' voice - a husky contralto similar to Toni Braxton's - is too far from the microphone. Another ill exclusive brought to ya by Persnickety...props again to my good friend Stuart for sending it my way. 

All Over 4:41
I See U In The Distance 4:06
Better Without You 4:52