Sections

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Lady Soul: S/T (Boston International Records, 1992)

A further obscure new jack swing/soul trio from Cambridge, MA and released via Boston International Records in 1992, the same label responsible for fellow indie R&B group Classic Example. All three had previous experience in the music biz, with one member formally one third of an earlier R&B trio 9.9 and another previously a backing vocalist for New Kids On The Block. Their debut spawned two singles "Don't Forget About Me" and the Sister Act soundtrack cut "My Sister's In Trouble." Sadly only the former went on to chart but you can check out the music video for the latter song bellow - complete with a cameo from Whoopi.

Many thanks once again to Stuart.

My Mind's Made Up 4:59
Don't Forget About Me 4:25
Change 4:35
Lady Marmalade 4:39
(I'm Gone) Give U All My Love 4:16
Just Call My Name 4:27
Nobody Can Tell Me 4:17
Everything Changes 4:09
I Wanne Be Your Baby 1:42
You Gonne Make Me Love Somebody Else 4:51
Feels Like The First Time 4:16
Can You Find A Place In Your Heart 4:59
If My Sister's In Trouble 3:53