Sections

Friday, October 21, 2016

Jaki G: New Life (Aris Records, 2006)

Another good snag from my good pal Stuaaart, the only album from talented Detroit songstress Jaki G which as far as I can tell is out-of-print and unavailable to buy on CD Baby, iTunes or any of the typical places.  Possessing a jazzy contralto vocal range, her album is a polished blend of neo soul and contemporary R&B and was produced entirely by Frankie Fultz, formally of the Detroit area acid jazz/electro outfit Underground Resistance. Not much information found about her but from what I can tell she is now helping other local musicians and performers find their way as a board member of the Detroit Metro Area Musicians & Entertainers Association.

Thanks once again to Stuaaart ;-)

It's All Good 1:26
New Life 4:52
Do You Hear Me? 4:38
Get Loose 4:07
Do U Know What U Mean 0:10
It's On Tonight 4:40
No More Tears 5:57
Senses 4:43
I'm Down For A Day 3:20
My Name Is Faith 4:47
He & She (A Love Story) 4:03
I Wanna Stand 4:59
Glad To Be Woman 0:42
Ride The Veil 3:26
Metamorphosis 5:46
Summertime Again 4:26
The Hills Of Cali 4:11
Righteous Outro 0:47